Noisy Garage Door
We Can Fix Your Noisy Garage
If your garage door is not working properly, it can halt your day and prevent you from getting to work or out to run errands. Be sure to call Door Pro in Hamilton County, North Georgia, and Cleveland TN. We will come to your rescue quickly and with efficiency.
Do you ever wonder how loud is too loud when it comes to your automatic garage door? Perhaps you’ve just lived with your noisy garage door for years or maybe you’re noticing that the sounds are suddenly different or louder.
Whatever your situation, it may be time to call Door Pro. We provide noisy garage door repair in Hamilton County, Cleveland, and North Georgia.
Our trained professionals can come out and inspect your garage door, give it a little tune-up, or perform any needed repairs that may turn that noise down to a minimum.
Having a professional check out your garage door will also prevent potentially larger and more costly problems down the road.
Born to Be Loud
The first potential cause of a noisy garage door is simply its design. Some less expensive doors trade a lower price for a louder operation. Check out these different types of opening systems and see what the balance is between sound, functionality and cost.
- Chain Drive. As the least expensive option, the chain drive system is the most common door and the loudest. It can be a reasonable choice for a detached garage.
- Belt Drive. By replacing a chain with a belt, you increase your cost but significantly decrease your noise level.
- Screw Drive. This system is in between a chain and belt drive system in terms of noise, but contains fewer parts and therefore less maintenance.
Problematic Noise Makers
Some common reasons for noisy garage doors include:
- Opener problems. Although certain models of garage door openers are naturally louder, others may become louder when there is a problem with the motor.
- Roller damage. If your garage door rollers are bent, they will create more noise as they try to move along their tracks.
- Spring issues. Over time, the springs in your garage door may become rusted or worn down, which can cause additional noise when operating.
- Improper balance. In some cases, your garage door will be off balance and create a lot of noise as a result. This is an important issue to address because, over time, an imbalanced door can cause an automatic garage door to stop working.
- Loose hardware. Similar to any mechanical system, parts become loose and worn over time. Any one of many parts may need tightening, lubricating or maintaining to keep them running smoothly and quietly.
When you’re seeking noisy garage door repair in Hamilton County, North Georgia, and Cleveland TN… Call Door Pro! Our expert professionals will arrive quickly and always prepared to tackle any garage door issue. After diagnosing the cause of the garage door noise, our technicians can provide suggestions, solutions and repairs to turn down the volume.
Garage Door Shop
PROFESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR SERVICE DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
In order to take full advantage of the safety features offered by the manufacturer, you must be sure to have the garage doors properly installed. Without a certified garage door installer handling the hanging and mounting of the doors and safety features, even the most well designed doors will not perform as they should.
Eventually, even the best garage door or opener will need to be replaced. When the time does come to replace a door or opener or a component of the door, you need the help of a professional.